by timpickstone on October 9, 2012
The community feedback sessions have now taken place around the Stone Roses concerts in Heaton Park – so I wanted to feed back the main ‘learning points’ to local residents.
This is a short summary of a larger presentation given by officers from Manchester City Council – the full version is here.
- check up on the distribution of information leaflets so that all households receive a leaflet
- target specific information at specific streets (e.g. on road clousures)
Traffic and Transport
-Need to sort out mini-bus and taxi pick up and drop off (particularly an issue on St Margarets and Middleton Roads)
- Review the amount of road closures needed.
- Need to increase the amount and visability of signage and cones
- Need to look at resident parking schemes for major events in some key areas. MCC will need to involve Bury in initial discussions.
Noise and Anti-Social Behaviour
- Need to review the management of the entry/exit of the audience to reduce Anti-Social behaviour.
- Locations and numbers of toilets need to be reviewed.
- Location of hospitality area needs to be reviewed.
Hope this is useful feedback. Obviously if and when there are going to be major events in the Park I will try to ensure that residents views are heard – and there are particular issues around both the St Margaret’s and Middleton Road areas that need to be addressed.
The next important event in Heaton Park will be bonfire night on Monday 5 November 2012. Please do not hesitate to get in touch if any local residents have queries about this that you would like me to raise with the Park.