by prestwichfocus on 10 October, 2017
The Connected Communities Innovation Fund is a partnership between Nesta and the Office for Civil Society at DCMS, providing up to £4 million in grants, alongside significant non-financial support, to the best innovations that mobilise the time and talents of people across the lifecourse, to create outcomes in any of the following themes:
* Community connections and thriving places: innovations that mobilise the time and talents of people within local communities to share resources, create reciprocal models of support and enable people to help each other in key priorities within their communities.
* Community resilience in emergencies: innovations that mobilise the time and talents of people to enable communities to prepare for, respond to and recover from emergencies.
* Digital Innovation: innovations that harness the opportunities of digital technologies to help mobilise the time and talents of people in new ways that suit 21st century lifestyles and needs.
* Improving our environment: innovations that mobilise the time and talents of people to create better responses to reducing waste and pollution.
Eligible projects are invited to submit a short expression of interest (EOI) by midday on the 30 October 2017. There are two sizes of funding awards available, depending on the maturity of the idea. Both awards are available for innovations in all four priority areas.
* Early stage ideas: grants of £50-75k, and significant non-financial support, over 12 – 18 months for innovative social action approaches. Applicants must be able to demonstrate the high potential for impact on public service outcomes in the thematic areas; the innovation must also offer something different and needed in the field. However, you might still need to do some testing or prototyping to evidence impact, or you may need to work on your scaling plans.
* Growing great ideas: grants of £100-250k, and significant non-financial support, over 2 years for innovations ready to sustainably grow their existing social action project or programme to reach and benefit many more people in new locations.