by timpickstone on 5 September, 2018
More major roadworks this month – for the full list see the GM Roadworks site here
The major roadworks in August are:
– Tail end of the resurfacing works (Bury Council) on Heywood Road between Bury Old Road and St Margaret’s Road, Prestwich and in Simister – 30/07/2018 – 09/09/2018
– Continuing Works on the Junction 17 roundabout (Highways England) 22/06/2018 – 16/11/2018
– Lane closure on Bury New Road near the junction of Willow Road on 9 September 2018 (BT)
– Bury Old Road – Cadent Gas Works continue in various locations until March 2019, but no closures this month.
– Not Prestwich, but people may be affected the contra-flow on Higher Lane continues until 10 September 2018.
Also not in Prestwich, but if you commute or drive anywhere near the western side of the city centre please note that Manchester and Salford City Councils have started improvement work on six key junctions on and around the Manchester and Salford Inner Relief Route (MSIRR). During the works Regent Road, from Oldfield Road to the Mancunian Way, will be reduced from two lanes to one lane in each direction. Journey times are expected to increase significantly, especially during the morning and evening peaks. They have created a MSIRR travel advice page that will provide up-to-date travel information, expected journey times and alternative travel options.Leave a comment