by timpickstone on 5 March, 2019
Bury Council would like to invite you to an event at which we will outline the vision for working towards ending loneliness and social isolation in Bury. This event will be your chance to make a big difference to the lives of people living in Bury.
The team say:
Loneliness and social isolation are some of the biggest challenges facing our society and local communities, effecting people’s health and wellbeing. It can affect people of all ages and all backgrounds.
At the event we will work together to develop a shared understanding of the causes of loneliness and how collectively we can address it. We will develop a greater understanding of what opportunities are already out there and what further steps could be taken to end loneliness in our Borough.
The event will provide an opportunity to be informed and reflect on services and groups that already exist within the community, with a showcase of some of these for you to explore in a market place style.
As well as coming to find out what is available in your local area we are actively seeking your view on any gaps that collectively can be addressed.
Lunch and refreshments will be available on the day.
Details of the event are:
Venue: St Bernadette’s Social Centre, Selby Avenue, Whitefield, Manchester M45 8UT.
Date: Sunday 17th March 2019
Time: Arrival and Registration: 11:30 am
Market Place: 11:30 – 12 noon
End Time: 3:30pm
Due to limited space, attendance at this event will be by a first come first served basis. If you would like to attend, please could you email email@example.com<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org> with your name, contact details, how many people are attending and any dietary requirements.
We also have approx. 15 information stands available as part of our ‘Market Place’, so if you or your organisation would like to take up a stand then please also state this clearly as part of your e-mail, again this will be on a first come first served basis.
What is the event about:
– A community event to bring together different people to tackle a major social issue
– Marketplace where local organsiations will display what they can offer local people to help themselves and others.
– Workshop to gather thoughts, ideas and plan practical steps to ending loneliness in the Borough.
Why should you attend:
– Find out more about what groups and services already exist in your community
– Put forward ideas and opportunities to explore to tackle social isolation and end loneliness
– Play an active role in developing a thriving community.